The whole gang in Maine

The whole gang in Maine
Maine 9-07

Saturday, April 7, 2007

Progress with the Preteen person inhabiting my house

Wow! What a great day! Rainy and cold but...

Sarah wanted to go to the mall with her friend, Megan. So I brought them. Of course, Steven wanted to go too and I decided to stay there and mooch around for a bit. Stan and David joined us after David's friend went home. At first, Sarah didn't like the idea of her whole family being there at the mall but I convinced her we weren't going to be tagging along with her and her friends. Which, of course, I totally planned to do. Steven and I managed to discreetly follow them at a distance, ducking behind clothes racks and large shoppers. They never knew we were there. As the minutes ticked by their little group began to grow, first there was one girl friend and then her boyfriend and his buddy. Then three more boys, then another girl. I began to get concerned that perhaps she had planned this all along. I approcahed the group outside the store and said "Hello everyone!" Sarah did not seem upset that I was there! She smiled and leaned on my shoulder and said "Hi Mom!"

A little while letter I approcahed them in a skateboarder/wierd clothing store holding up a tiny red and white bikini. "What do you think? Red or blue?" I asked holding it up to my chest. Sarah laughed "Oh Mom, I knew you were going to do that!" But she was kidding with me and wasn't mad and wow! That's great! Not embarrassed to see me in public! Progress!

No comments: